Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 5

Numbers 4:1-5:31; Mark 12:18-37; Psalm 48:1-14; Proverbs 10:26

When asked what the most important commandment was, Jesus answered, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

Love is a choice. It often involves feelings, but feelings don't define love. In today's society, the word love is thrown around casually..."I love your dress"..."I loved that movie"...and even "I love you" as a salutation. But there is nothing casual about the kind of love spoken about in the commandment Jesus spoke about. We choose to love God with our actions, our thoughts and our very being.

Love God with all your heart. Choose to make Him the most important thing in your life. Spend time with Him. Listen to Him. Seek to know Him more tomorrow that you do today. Share your deepest secrets with Him.

Love God with all your soul. Choose to surrender everything to Him...even those things you're embarrassed for Him to see...the things you haven't given up yet. He wants to redeem your soul, but you must release it completely to Him.

Love God with all your mind. Choose to make His thoughts your thoughts. Fill your mind with His Word and guard it from any impure thing that would build walls between you and God.

Love God with all your strength. Choose to do His will with everything you have, in everything you do. Use your energy to follow and serve Him. Fight off the enemy's distractions and anything that keeps you from loving Him.

Remember, the choices we make help define the depth of our love for God...and how well we follow His most important commandment.

Heavenly Father, I ask Your forgiveness for the many times I've failed to put You first and love you with everything I have. I want to love You with all my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength. Please help me make choices that undergird those desires...and may I continue to grow in my love for You each day for the rest of my life. Amen.   

Blessings,
Pastor Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment