Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 27

2 Samuel 12:1-31, John 16:1-33, Psalm 119:65-80, Proverbs 16:4-5

What To Do With Mistakes, Because One Mistake Is Not The End

Good morning friends, I hope that this has been one of those weeks where
things have worked in your favor and as we reach this Sunday, your hearts
are encouraged to come to church and alongside other brothers and sisters in
the faith, express our gratitude to our God!
I'd like to share on today's passage of 2 Samuel 12:1-31. The reading is a
little long, it's 31 verses, but the story is great. It's filled with very
important life lessons.
Personally, I do not like making mistakes and quite frankly what I least
like about making mistakes is when I make a mistake in public. I feel
terrible embarrassed. However, I have to confess that no matter how hard
I've tried to not make mistakes and tried not to sin, sooner or later I do.
I remember one year that on December 31st at midnight I promised God that I
would not sin in the new year "what a promise!" I spent that night praying and
I was so immersed in prayer that day that supposedly I did not sin that day.
Then came the 2nd of January and supposedly I still did not sin. But then
came January 6th, and do you know what happened? That's right, I sinned!
My whole world came apart and I thought God didn't love me anymore. But then I overcame that feeling, I found out that the mistakes couldn't mark a total defeat in my Christian life.
Some time after that I read a book called "Lead On!" by John E. Haggai, and
one of the chapters is called "The Principle of Opportunity", in that
chapter he says: "The principle of opportunity lets us see that life is a
series of obstacles and it's precisely those obstacles that open the doors
to great opportunities if we are disciplined enough to recognize that
opportunities are everywhere." He goes on to say, "You are not perfect!
I'm not perfect either, and there isn't anyone who is. Since you will
inevitably make mistakes, one mistake you make out of foolishness, out of
ignorance or by not paying attention; you will need to learn to turn those
mistakes into benefits. Learn from your mistakes, turning them into
unexpected benefits." He goes on to explain 3 things:
1. I need to learn what to do with mistakes.

2. I need to learn how to face mistakes.

3. I need to learn how to take advantage of my mistakes in a positive
way.

I'd like to wrap up this devotional so it doesn't turn into a conference
(but thank you for reading it) by saying that David learned a lot from this
experience and God taught him that his mistakes were not the end of his
career as king.
We are not perfect, what a great thing to know! Mistakes will happen, but
the lesson from David is to overcome, because God will always be there to
help us. Of course, if like David we can admit that we have failed. Do you
remember the phrase "Please have patience with me, God isn¹t done with me?"
That helps us to know that God will get the best out of us! That one
mistake is not our end.
Have a great Sunday!


Sincerely,


Dr. Oscar Camacho O.
Pastor Iglesia Hispana Hillcrest



2 Samuel 12:1-31, Juan 16:1-33, Salmo 119:65-80, Proverbios 16:4-5

Que Hacer Con Los Errores, Pues Un Error No Es Nuestro Final.

Amigos buenos días deseo que esta semana para ustedes haya sido una de esas
semanas donde las cosas hayan trabajado a su favor y que al llegar este día
domingo sus corazones estén muy animados para venir a la Iglesia y junto con
los hermanos en la fe, expresarle a nuestro Dios toda nuestra gratitud.
Quiero comentar en este devocional de hoy el pasaje bíblico de 2 Samuel
12:1-31. El texto bíblico es largo, son 31 versos pero la historia es
estupenda, llena de lecciones de vida muy importantes para el diario vivir.
Personalmente no me gusta cometer errores y francamente lo que no me gusta
es que cuando los cometo, esos errores se hagan públicos, me da una terrible
vergüenza. Sin embargo tengo que confesar que por mas que me he esforzado
por no cometer errores y pecados tarde que temprano los he cometido. Les
comparto que hubo un 31 de diciembre a la medianoche que le prometí a Dios
que no pecaría en el nuevo año (¡Que promesa! uuuffff). Esa noche amanecí
orando y el 1 de enero estaba tan metido en la oración que supuestamente,
no peque. Luego vino el 2 de enero y supuestamente tampoco peque, (decía
yo) pero para el día 6 ¿saben que paso? Si ya se que lo saben... ¡Peque! Y
todo se me desmorono y creía que ya Dios no me amaba, ¡luego lo supere! Me
di cuenta que los errores no deben marcar una derrota total en mi vida
cristiana.
Tiempo después conocí un libro que se llama Liderazgo que Perdura en un
mundo que Cambia fue escrito en ingles bajo el titulo Lead On! por John E
Haggai y el tiene un capitulo que se llama El Principio de la Oportunidad y
dentro de ese capitulo el dice: "El principio de la Oportunidad nos hace ver
que la vida es una serie de obstáculos y precisamente estos obstáculos nos
abren las puertas a las mas grandes oportunidades si nos disciplinamos a
nosotros mismos para saber reconocer las oportunidades por todas partes."
Luego sigue diciendo "¡Usted nos es perfecto! Yo tampoco lo soy, ni hay
nadie que lo sea. Como usted cometerá errores de manera inevitable, un
error que cometa usted por necedad, por ignorancia o por falta de atención;
usted necesita saber de que manera convertir esos errores en benéficos.
Aprenda de sus errores, convirtiéndolos en benéficos inesperados" y luego
explica tres cosas
1. Debo saber que hacer con los errores.

2. Debo saber como enfrentarme a los errores.

3. Debo saber de que manera aprovecharlos positivamente.

Termino entonces este devocional para que no se convierta en una conferencia
(pero gracias por leerlo) diciendo que David aprendió mucho de esa
experiencia y Dios le enseño que esos errores no eran el fin de su carrera
como rey.
¡No somos perfectos, que bueno saberlo! Vendrán errores, pero la lección de
David es que se pueden superar porque Dios siempre estará allí para
ayudarnos. Por supuesto si como David sabemos admitir que hemos fallado.
Recuerdan la frase: "Ténganme paciencia que Dios todavía no ha terminado
conmigo?² ¡Eso nos ayuda a saber que Dios sacara lo mejor de nosotros! Que
un error no es nuestro final.
¡Que tengan un buen domingo!


Atentamente,


Dr. Oscar Camacho O.
Pastor Iglesia Hispana Hillcrest

No comments:

Post a Comment