Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 20

Numbers 30:1-31:54, Luke 4:1-30, Psalm 63:1-11, Proverb 11:20-21

The Incomparable Person of The Holy Spirit
The first few days after having been born again, in the small city of Armenia, I would often hear a couple of words that were foreign to my vocabulary and that I could not get used to in "christian" terms. Those words were Before the Pentecost and After the Pentecost. Honestly, I did not understand those terms and I would ask trying to understand what they meant but I couldn't grasp what they meant. What is Pentecost? I would ask myself over and over. 30 days after I had ask Jesus into my heart, I was at a church service and suddenly my tongue became very heavy and I started speaking some very strange sounds, that night I went home very happy and with a joy that filled my life, I felt like God was living inside of me.

The youth of the church explained to me that I had been baptized with the Holy Spirit and they explained the meaning of what happened on the day of Pentecost in the upper room where the 120 were filled with the Holy Spirit. I learned that day the church of the New Testament was born. After a few years I found myself in another situation that I didn't understand, and it was that there were some churches that were called Pentecostal because they spoke in tongues and there witnessed healings and other signs of the Holy Spirit. And there were other churches that would look at them in a weird way. I grew up in a Baptist church and some people would tell me that speaking in tongues was not for these days, however, my Christian life continued to grow and I could see how valuable the presence of the Holy Spirit was in the life of the believers.

To make a long story short, in my country of Colombia, in the evangelical environment I noticed two types of churches: one was the type of church were the gifts of the HolySpirit were not allowed to manifest freely and the other was the church that was referred to as Pentecostal where there was freedom for the Holy Spirit, as they would say. My spiritual life, my prayer life and my understanding of the Word of God were growing and I was noticing that the power of God was in my life. Then something happened, people started calling me Pentecostal, and I would say "but I'm Baptist, why am I being discriminated?" When I went to the Baptist Seminary to study theology, some students began to call me Pentecostal again and after finishing my studies and then as a pastor for a church many would say, “Oscar is Pentecostal.” However, I would see our church grow, people get healed and others living a powerful life in the Lord. There is a question that has been in my head, why is there persecution towards people who have that experience with the Holy Spirit? In today’s passage where the Lord declares that the Holy Spirit is for everyone and we see where people were upset with Jesus to the point where they wanted to kill him, even when moment earlier they were marveled at the way he spoke. I’m amazed at how the Holy Spirit is persecuted.

Brothers and sisters, the Holy Spirit is marvelous and He comes to fill our lives with a special anointing that heals, that frees, that gives spiritual growth and that brings victory to the believers.Where am I going with this? We need to pay attention to the move of the Holy Spirit in Hillcrest, because in every meeting, in every song, in the middle of the pastor’s sermon, in our personal devotional we can experience Pentecost and we can be filled by His presence and live a powerful life in the Lord. Jesus said, “the Spirit of the Lord is upon me.” Then in the book of John he said that He would leave but that he would send the Holy Spirit, and the at happened in the upper room on the day of Pentecost. Since that day, every believer that has allowed the Holy Spirit to fill their lives has had victory over sin, power in their ministry, understanding of the Scriptures and a testimony of Jesus that nobody can deny. So, even as in that day whenpeople were upset when Jesus declared that the Spirit of God was upon him, don¹t pay attention to them. On the contrary enjoy the Holy Spirit He is a wonderful person!
May you have a wonderful Sunday my Hillcrest Church family, may the anointing of the Holy Spirit take you to great things as a church here in Dallas.

Sincerely,

Dr. Oscar Camacho O.Pastor
Iglesia Hispana Hillcrest

Números 30:1-31:54, Lucas 4:1-30, Salmo 63:1-11, Proverbios 11:20-21

La Incomparable Persona del Espíritu Santo. Los primeros días después de haber nacido de nuevo, allá en mi pequeñaciudad de Armenia, escuchaba con frecuencia una palabra que se me hacia rara y difícil de pronunciar para mi vocabulario que aun no se acostumbraba a términos evangélicos, esa palabra era Antes del Pentecostés y Después del Pentecostés, y francamente no entendía ese termino y preguntaba tratando de comprender pero no entendía nada.¿Que será Pentecostés? Me preguntaba una y otra vez. A los 30 días de mi conversión estábamos en un culto y de repente mi lengua se hizo pesada y empecé a hablar unos sonidos muy raros, esa noche regrese acasa con una alegría y un felicidad que inundaba mi ser y me hacia sentir como si Dios viviera en mi. Los jóvenes me explicaron que había sido bautizado con el Espíritu Santo y también me explicaron el significado de lo que paso el día de Pentecostés en el Aposento Alto donde los 120 fueron llenos del Espíritu Santo y aprendí que aquel día había nacido la iglesia del Nuevo Testamento. Pasaron los días y los años y entonces me encontré con una situación que tampoco comprendía y es que algunas Iglesias eran llamadas pentecostales o pentecosteses porque hablaban en lenguas y había sanidades y otras manifestaciones del Espíritu Santo, y que había otras Iglesias que miraban un poco raras a esas personas de esas Iglesias. Yo crecí en una iglesiaBautista y algunas personas me decían que eso de hablar en lenguas ya no era para este tiempo, sin embargo mi vida Cristiana crecía y yo me daba cuenta de cuan valiosa era la Presencia del Espíritu en la vida del Creyente. Para no hacer una historia corta larga quiero contarles que en mi país Colombia en el entorno evangélico yo notaba dos grupos de Iglesias, unas eran las de sana doctrina donde los dones del Espíritu Santo no se manifestaban con libertad y el otro grupo era las Iglesias que llamaban pentecostales donde había libertad en el Espíritu como decían ellos. Mi vida espiritual, mi vida de oración y mi entendimiento de la Palabra de Dios se acrecentaban y yo me daba cuenta que el poder de Dios estaba en mi vida. Entonces paso algo y es que me empezaron a llamar Pentecostal, y yo decía ¿pero si soy bautista, porque esa discriminación? Al ir al Seminario Bautista para estudiar teología, algunos me empezaron a llamar Pentecostal también y después de salir del seminario y empezar a pastorear muchos decían Oscar es Pentecostal. Sin embargo yo veía la iglesia crecer, la gentesanarse, otros vivían una vida poderosa en el Señor. Y me ha quedado la pregunta en la mente ¿porque hay persecución a la gente que tiene esa experiencia con El Espíritu Santo? Y el pasaje de hoy cuando El Señor declara que El Espíritu Santo es para todos y veo que la gente se molesto con Jesús que hasta lo quisieron matar cuando momentos antes se maravillaban de como había hablado, me sorprendo de como es perseguido el Espíritu Santo. Hermanos, el Espíritu Santo es Maravilloso y El viene para derramar en nuestras vidas una unción que sana, que liberta, que da crecimiento espiritual, que trae victoria al creyente. ¿A donde quiero llegar? A que estemos muy atentos al mover del Espíritu Santo en Hillcrest, porque de verdad en cada reunión, en cada canto, en medio del sermón del pastor, en nuestro devocional personal podemos tener un pentecostés y ser llenos de Su Presencia y vivir una vida poderosa en El Señor.Jesús dijo El Espíritu del Señor esta sobre mi. Luego en el evangelio de Juan dijo que el se iría pero que enviaría al Espíritu Santo y eso ocurrió en el aposento alto el día de Pentecostés y desde entonces hasta el día de hoy todo creyente que se ha dejado llenar por el Espíritu Santo, ha tenido Victoria sobre el pecado, poder en su ministerio, entendimiento de las Escrituras y un testimonio de Jesús que nadie puede negar. Así que aunque alguien como el día que Jesús hizo la declaración de que el Espíritu del Señor estaba sobre el y que ese día se había cumplido esa escritura y luego la gente se enojo con el, usted no ponga atención a quienes se oponen a la obra del Espíritu, por el contrario disfrute al Espíritu Santo ¡que es una persona maravillosa! Que pasen un domingo maravilloso familia Hillcrest Church, que la unción del Espíritu Santo nos lleva a grandes cosas como iglesia aquí en Dallas. Atentamente,Dr. Oscar Camacho O.Pastor Iglesia Hispana Hillcrest

No comments:

Post a Comment