Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7

1 Samuel 1:1-2:21; John 5:1-23; Psalm 105:37-45; Proverbs 14:28-29

"A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly." Proverbs 14:29

I'll begin today's devotion with a true confession. There have been times in my life when I've jumped to a wrong conclusion, reacted harshly, and then looked foolish for getting mad over nothing. It can be very embarrassing.

God's Word tells us a patient man has great understanding. If only I hadn't been so quick to judge...if I had waited to listen, ask questions and gather the facts...then I would have responded in the right way instead of reacting in the wrong way.

Today's devotion is short, simple and to the point. Be patient with other people. Learn to hold your tongue and listen. Don't let a quick temper cloud your vision and make a fool of you. Wait for God to give you His understanding in all circumstances and thereby allow His ways to be your ways.

Blessings,
Pastor Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment