Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15

I Samuel 17:1-18:4, John 8:21-30, Psalm 111:1-10, Proverbs 15:11

Hello friends and brothers and sister in faith, it¹s so good to be able to
connect with you all through this devotional which is I have the privilege
to write each week. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do and that in
some way it would be an encouragement for your life.

As we read the passage of 1st Samuel 17:1-58, which is part of our reading
for today, my mind flew quickly to those moments when I¹ve preached on this
passage and when I have heard great men and women of God preach on what a
great hero David was. Something that happens when you preach on this story
is that we feel (well at least I do) like when we watch a John Wayne movie,
not to compare John Wayne to David of course. But when the movie is over I
feel like the fastest gunslinger in the west, ha ha ha I still enjoy
westerns.
That¹s how I feel when I read the story of David and Goliath, I feel like a
hero, I feel the urge to triumph and to be completely honest I see the devil
very small.
I hope you enjoy these wonderful Bible stories written to motivate you to
triumph in life. I have preached wonderful sermons on David; however, today
I found something fresh in this passage that I would like to share with you
if you would receive it in your heart.
There is a ancient proverb that says ³Where is there a tree not shaken by
the wind?² and it¹s those times that it really seems like it couldn¹t get
worst, but in order to grow and mature we must go through those times.
Today I would like to share something that I found in the story of David and
that you can apply to win those battles in your life.

1. Never endorse the panic of others, because you¹ll be disappointed and
you will lose. Verse 29

2. Do not accept counsel from someone who has not won important battles
in their lives, because they don¹t know what it is to win. Verse 33

3. In any situation, display the strengths that God has trained you on.
With those strengths you will win! Verse 34

4. Please, never compare your worst defects to the best qualities of
someone else, because you¹ll always lose. Verses 43 and 45

5. Even though God is with you, you¹ll still need to get in the ring and
fight to win. Verse 48


Friends, thank you for the blessing to share with you this devotional each
week, may today be one of those Sundays where everything goes right and may
you have a fantastic day!


Sincerely,




Dr. Oscar Camacho O.
Pastor Iglesia Hispana Hillcrest


1 Samuel 17:1-18:4, Juan 8:21-30, Salmo 111:1-10, Proverbios 15:11

Hola amigos y hermanos en la Fe, que bueno reencontrarme con ustedes en este
devocional que para mi es un privilegio escribir cada semana. Espero que
ustedes los disfruten tanto como yo y que en alguna manera sea un punto de
animo en sus vidas cristianas.
Al leer el pasaje de 1 Samuel 17:1-58, que es una de las lecturas para este
día domingo, mi mente voló rápidamente a todos esos momentos cuando he
predicado de ese pasaje y cuando he oído a maravillosos hombres y mujeres de
Dios predicar sobre ese gran héroe que es David. Algo que sucede cuando se
predica o se oye predicar de esta historia es que nos sentimos (bueno al
menos yo) como cuando vemos una película de John Wayne, bueno sin comparar
la estatura del John Wayne con David por supuesto. Pero al terminar la
película yo me he sentido como el pistolero mas rápido del Oeste, jajajaja
todavía disfruto las películas Western.
Así me pasa cuando leo la historia de David y Goliat, me siento héroe, me
siento con ganas de triunfar y para serles sincero hasta al diablo lo veo
chiquitito.
Bueno espero que usted disfrute esas maravillosas historias de la Biblia
escritas para motivarle a usted a ganar en la vida. He predicado
maravillosos mensajes de David, sin embargo hoy me encontré con algo fresco
que quisiera compartirles si lo quieren recibir en sus corazones.
Dice un proverbio Chino que ³No hay árbol que no haya sido sacudido por el
viento² y esos tiempos de verdad que aparentemente no son los mejores, pero
para crecer y madurar tenemos que pasar por ahí. Hoy me gustaría regalarle
esto que encontré en la historia de David y que usted puede aplicar para
ganar victorias en su vida.
1. Nunca haga suyo el pánico de los demás, porque se desilusionara y
perderá. Versículo 29

2. No acepte consejos de quienes no han ganado batallas importantes en
su vida, pues no saben lo que es ganar. Versículo 33.

3. Siempre ante cualquier situación exhiba sus mejores fortalezas en las
cuales Dios a usted lo ha entrenado. ¡Con esas fortalezas usted ganara!.
Versículo 34

4. Por favor nunca compare sus peores defectos frente a las mejores
virtudes de los demás, porque usted saldrá perdiendo. Versículos 43 y 45

5. Aunque Dios esta con usted, todavía usted tendrá que entrar en el
ring y pelear para vencer. Versículo 48


Amigos, gracias por darme la bendición de compartir con ustedes cada semana
este tiempo de devocional, que hoy sea uno de esos domingos cuando todo les
salga bien y ¡que la pasen fantástico!


Atentamente,




Dr. Oscar Camacho O
Iglesia Hispana Hillcrest

No comments:

Post a Comment