Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7

1kings 2:1-3:2;acts 5:1-42;psalm 125:1-5;proverbs 16:25

Where are you on this journey of life? Are you running for joy, embracing a new season? Are you enjoying a time of rest near quiet streams?
Perhaps you are squinting your eyes and looking far into the distance, wondering where God is? If this is the season you find yourself in, I hope to encourage you.
When I arrive at that place of unknown and I’m asking God, “What is going on here?”;it is easy to start relying on what I can see with my eyes and know from past experiences. All the sudden, I become the expert. During these times, I can begin to trust and build on my own strengths and gifts. Other times, it may be my education, income, or even my husband. Slowly, but surely, these things become my fortress.
The enemy’s desire is that we trust in the material, earthly and fading things. This way, we will be broken down and defenseless in times of trouble.
We may not realize it, but all of our “building” is really an expression of our lack of trust in God. A God who is an everlasting Shield and Defense. He is as the majestic mountains of Jerusalem. They surrounded the city-shielding it’s inhabitants from the hand of those who wished to destroy them.
Psalm 125:1-2 says, “ Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mt. Zion, they will not be defeated but will endure forever. Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, both now and forever. “
When you feel alone, remember you are surrounded. When you feel vunerable and weak, remember you will endure forever.

I pray that you will know and sense the surrounding presence of God. I pray that you will feel the Lord walk beside you and that you find rest under His shade. I pray that you will hear the song that He is singing over you. He calls you victorious. He sees you triumphant!

Moving Forward,

Lauryn Everett (Guest devotion writer and Wife of Tyler Everett, Hillcrest worship minister)

No comments:

Post a Comment