Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 3

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the [consistently] righteous man [upright & in right standing with God] runs into it & is safe, high [above evil] & strong. - Amphlified version

How I love the name of the Lord! As a little girl, I used to fall asleep w/severe leg cramps "growing pains." I fell asleep saying, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus" over and over because His name was the only thing that brought me comfort. Anytime I had nightmares, I'd call upon Jesus in my sleep and wake up w/joy instead of fear. I heard story after story of Jesus rescuing people from crimes as they cried out, "JESUS!" The name of the Lord is our strong tower. It's our place of strength and safety from emotional, physical, or even spiritual assault. His name is safety. His name is power. The name above all names that you can trust. Do you know His name? Do you know His strength? Call upon the name of the Lord today and rest in Him as your strong tower.

Blessings,
Rolanda Green
Hillcrest Children's Minister

No comments:

Post a Comment