Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1

2kings 18:13-19:37;acts 21:1-17;psalm 149:1-9;proverbs 18:8

What has the Holy Spirit said to you lately?

In our New Testament scripture today we see Paul on the move between cities visiting the disciples. During a visit Agabus comes to Paul with a message from the Lord,

"10 After we had been there a number of days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 Coming over to us, he took Paul’s belt, tied his own hands and feet with it and said, “The Holy Spirit says, ‘In this way the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.’”


It seems that we are always seeking the Lord for direction, guideance, safety, prosperty and all the other things we think we are "missing" in life. When is the last time you heard the Lord give you some bad news? How many times do we recieve the voice of the Lord regarding persecution? Do we really believe God only speaks to us about clear paths and calm seas? I am thankful for every word of comfort, peace and love the Lord has spoken to me during my life but am I prepared to hear every word God says to me? Will I continue to believe that He will care for me during the hard times?

My prayer for us today. Lord, because you are always faithful to love us and you have promised to be with us, prepare our hearts for every word you give today. Amen.

Blessings,

Pastor David

No comments:

Post a Comment